Monday 7 March 2011

Is Summer finally here?


Snap of the beach on my Little Island. x
 So, I keep waking up feeling a bit pants. Heavy eyes, lack of energy, cosy bed... you know the drill.
But these last few days all I have to do is open my blinds and in pours beautiful sunshine, which is a motivation to get out of bed in itself!
 I could never decide whether I preferred Winter or Summer (I've never liked Autumn or Spring, they don't count in my eyes) but waking up to that unfamiliar yellow circle in the sky has definitely made up my mind. I don't care if my birthday and Christmas fall in the Winter zone... Summer is definitely my favourite time of the year. I don't know if its the smell, or warmth Summer brings, but it definitely encourages the best in me to come out, my motivation's at its peak and my mood shoots right up to the happy bar.
- Now I may be waking up full of joy, buzzing around for what the day has to throw at me, but the most annoying thing is... Summer isn't quite here yet, I'm still wearing layers and tights with my skirts or shorts, which is disappointing to say the least. There's nothing worse than seeing the weather forecast as Sunny with highs of 3 degrees...
Maybe that's why I love the Summer season so much; because it plays hard to get, and we all know that makes things more exciting! Though I love the excitement, I really do wish it would stop playing me around and just arrive...
 The past three Summer's I've had, have been amazing, whether its because of where I am, who I'm with or the age I'm at, but I am more than determined to make this one the best yet... Though I shouldn't think it will be that hard considering the amount I've got planned already, bring it on is all I can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment